Our COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Update January 15: There’s still a statewide face covering order in Louisiana, as detailed in Proclamation Number 89 JBE 2020. Guests and staff has to wear face masks, so please arrive wearing one. Thank you for complying with this state mandate.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
COVID-19 is now an inherent risk in all aspects of life, including tours and travel. Getting back to the activities that are important to us, even just going to the grocery store, entails mitigating that risk. Fortunately, there are clear and tested actions we can take to enhance our own and others’ safety.
Maintaining high levels of health and sanitation on our tours is very important to us and requires everyone’s participation.
Behind the scenes, our approach is focused on six priorities: Screen, Prevent, Train, Monitor, Adjust and Support. Much of our work in these areas will be invisible to you, as it happens long before you join our tour.
What will be more obvious to you are the measures that will be in place during your tour, and this is where we need your help. We are implementing a Combination Intervention Approach, which entails action on the part of guides and guests alike in four areas: hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, physical distancing and enhanced sanitation. Read more below about our specific protocols in each of these areas.
We thank you, in advance, for supporting these efforts.
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer, but we will also have hand sanitizer available throughout the tour in our van and on the boat.
- Guests, drivers, and guides will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of vehicles and the boat.
- Guests and staff will be required to wear a face covering while in an enclosed vehicle or indoors in the presence of others, and at all other times during the trip when physical distancing is not possible.
- Windows in vehicles will be opened as often as possible to increase ventilation.
- Guests and staff will be instructed to maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others throughout the tour, when possible, with the exception of family units or friends traveling together. If distancing is not possible, face coverings will be required.
- Guests will be encouraged to spread out within vehicles as much as possible.
- Vehicles will be deep-cleaned once a day.
- Commonly touched surfaces in vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected in between activities.