This tour includes a boat tour of Lake Martin, tour of Whitney Plantation, private Cajun cooking class, room at a cozy historic B&B, trip leader, local guides and all meals and transportation.
- Duration: 5 days
- Capacity: 2-person minimum | 12-person maximum
- Where to meet: Old No. 77 Hotel, New Orleans
- 4-12 Guests
- 2-3 Guests
About the Five-Day Cajun Country Trip
Experience all the sights, sounds and flavors on this 5-day trip. Our itinerary is jam-packed with history, cooking classes, kayaking, a zydeco music studio visit, a swamp tour, a specialty farm visit, and more…
- All transportation from New Orleans and back
- A knowledgeable and helpful driver/guide
- Accommodation at lakeside cottages in Breaux Bridge
- All your delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners* (*dinner in New Orleans on the first night is not included in the tour price)
- Two-hour flatboat tour of Lake Martin with a local naturalist guide
- Two-hour Cajun cooking class and dinner with an accomplished chef
- Southern cocktail or local beers served with dinner
- Guided one and a half-hour walking tour of Whitney Plantation
- Canoe tour on Lake Martin and a flatboat tour of Maurepas Swamp
- Tour of a local specialty farm
- One hour visit with a local Zydeco legend in his recording studio
Price: $1,995 per person (Price assumes 4 guests. We can accommodate 2-10 guests)
Reach out and we can send you a brochure with day-by-day descriptions of this itinerary.
What Makes This An Ecotour?
We are one of the few swamp tours in Louisiana that doesn’t feed alligators. We are a 100% carbon neutral ecotour company, and we believe in respecting the environment and trying to mitigate the threats that face this valuable region of wetlands.