New Orleans Swamp Tour
The Best New Orleans Swamp Tour
Most people who visit New Orleans don’t make it out to the swamps on a tour, which is a shame. The Big Easy has a lot to offer, but New Orleans is surrounded by beautiful swamps and bayous. A swamp tour—whether by boat or kayak— is a fun and easy excursion that you can do in a morning or afternoon. Learn More about our New Orleans Swamp Tour >
We’re a bit biased of course, but we think we offer the best swamp tour in New Orleans and here’s why:
- Our swamp tour is small with a maximum of six guests.
- Most of the swamp tours head to the same few swamps around New Orleans, which makes the experience a bit crowded. Our private launch is right outside the Maurepas Swamp Wildlife Management Area and we’re the only outfit that ply the waters of this incredibly beautiful swamp.
- We offer van pickup for our swamp tour from New Orleans hotels and the French Quarter.
- Our guides and captains are genuinely nice people who love showing off the swamps. Their knowledge about the ecology, wildlife, and environmental concerns make for a fun and interesting tour.
- We never feed or bait the wildlife! We believe that we should leave as little trace as possible from our visit and make a point to avoid the bad practices of the big swamp tour companies who bait alligators with marshmallows. Alligators love feeding on nutritious bird eggs and marshmallows look like eggs to them.
- Our boats are safe, small, comfortable, and relatively quiet. No big double-decker boats filled with people here! Instead our small vessels are able to take you deeper into the swamps. See more wildlife in their natural habitat on our swamp tour and you don’t have to worry about an obstructed view.